It’s Christmas time! Gingerbread is the perfect snack for a wintery, Christmas evening.
Why not make it even better and add some CBD.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes: 15 – 20
You will need:
For the gingerbread:
- 150g Plain flour
- 150g Whole meal flour
- 150g Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 60ml Golden syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Black treacle
- 140g Dairy free butter/margarine
- 1 Dropper of your favourite natural CBD oil
For the icing:
- 75g Icing sugar
- Enough water to make a thick paste
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, line your baking tray(s) with baking paper
2. Pour the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir
3. On the lowest heat, melt the diary free spread, treacle and golden syrup in a small saucepan
4. Pour the syrup mixture and Oil Drop in to the flour mixture and combine with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Use your hands to bring the mixture together if needed
5. Wrap it in cling film and chill it in the fridge for 1 hour
6. Flour your work surface and your rolling pin and roll the dough out, use a cookie cutter to cut into your desired shape.
7. Place the cut-out dough pieces on to the lined baking tray(s). Keep re-rolling the dough until it is all used
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, wait 5 minutes before removing the gingerbread from the baking tray and placing them on the cooling rack
10. Once fully cool, mix the icing sugar with enough cold water to make a thick paste (you don’t want it to be runny). Put the icing into a piping bag and decorate with your favourite festive pattern.