Go nuts with these delicious, chocolatey vegan CBD brownies!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
You will need:
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- 180g golden caster sugar
- Sea salt
- 230ml unsweetened organic soya milk
- 200g macadamia nuts
- 1 full pipette of your favourite natural CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Grease a square baking tin (roughly 20cm) with a little oil, then line with greaseproof paper.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Break 150g (3/4) of chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir in the oil, soya milk and melted chocolate until combined, then add 1 full pipette of your favourite CBD oil.
- Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the macadamia nuts, reserving a few for the top. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining macadamia nuts, then place into the hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle.
- Leave to cool for around 5 minutes, turn out onto a wire cooling rack, then serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you’re feeling extra indulgent.