Many manufacturers are now incorporating CBD into their products. These include CBD beauty and CBD skincare which are tipped to be the ‘next big thing’ in the upcoming year. There are also CBD edibles such gummies, brownies and sweets and CBD beverages which range from health-promoting drinks to alcohol and everything in between.
There are many options when it comes to buying CBD products, so which one is the right one for you?
Overall, the top 5 most popular ways to take and use CBD oil are (listed in no particular order):
- Oil drops/tinctures
We recommend that you do your own research on CBD before making a decision on which product and concentration to buy. Now, let’s delve a little deeper…
Oil drops otherwise known as tinctures are the most commonly used CBD product on the market. Tinctures and concentrates are probably more pure CBD application, as manufacturers don’t do any separate processing of the CBD oil. Some brands do add a little flavour to their drops, which make them more palatable for the customer.
- Put a couple of drops under the tongue – hold for 30 seconds (most of the oil will ingest sub-bilingually) then swallow
- Dosage usually ranges from 100mg – 2000mg
- Natural, fruit and mint flavours are common
- Oil drops can be added to food and beverage
Usually in a cream form, topicals are a great option for localised results. This is because they interact with your skin rather than absorbing into your bloodstream. You can apply as part of your daily routine or whenever you deem necessary.
- CBD topicals tend to be affordable since they have a lighter density of CBD in them.
- Topicals are applied directly to the affected area and can therefore get to work straight away.
- The plant has naturally occurring antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The method of application means that CBD topicals are easy to use.
- The effects of CBD topicals can last for hours, so it’s easy to include them in your routine.
CBD edibles are any food item with added CBD, including gummies, chocolate, sweets and an array of beverages. Edibles are a great way to consume CBD. The CBD is absorbed through the stomach lining. This means that they tend to last a long time.
- CBD edibles can be found in many different types of confectionary, so you are sure to find something that you like.
- Dosage usually ranges from 10mg – 50mg
- CBD edibles are convenient and can be consumed anywhere
- CBD Edibles have a set amount of CBD in them, so it is much easier to keep track of your daily serving size
CBD capsules can be found in gel or powdered form. CBD inside a capsule is swallowed and absorbed through digestion. Using capsules are an easy way to add CBD to your life as a daily supplement.
- CBD capsules have a set amount of CBD in them, so it is much easier to keep track of your daily serving size
- It’s very easy to use CBD capsules as most people have swallowed similar vitamins, supplements or medication.
- Because CBD capsules are absorbed when digested, they tend to have particularly long-lasting effects.
- Capsules typically offer 10 – 75mg of CBD
CBD vape liquid, also known as CBD e-liquid, is considered a beneficial and convenient way of consuming CBD. CBD e-liquid can be found in disposable pods and filled cartridges which are very simple to use and in bottles for re-fillable vaporisers.
- Consistent absorption
- Near immediate effects
- Higher bioavailability compared to other ingestion methods, meaning that more of the compound is absorbed into your body compared to the other methods.